Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Celeb Blogger Pinky Lovejoy-Coogan!!

A little while ago I chatted to Lindsay Blake - celeb stalker. After the awesome fun interview she gave me, she referred me to Pinky Lovejoy, and I couldn't resist hauling her in for an interview!! 


Pinky Lovejoy is a celebrity enthusiast who enjoys long walks on the beach, pina coladas, and pictures of Bradley Cooper(who features in Ellen's recent, incredible selfie!!). She's rarely met a celebrity she didn't like. She is married to the love of her life, Keith Coogan, and they are currently enjoying their Happily Ever After. So stoked that she agreed to chat to me!!! 

I sense a connection between you and I. LOL. We're both celeb mad. Let's chat celeb obsession.  Have you always been mad about celebs? Do you have your own particular favourites or do you just go mad for them cos they are celebrities? (I go mad for all of them, but more mad for some than for others) and if you do have a favourite, who's your favourite?

When I was five, I had a picture of “The Fonz” from Happy Days hanging by my bed that I kissed every night before I went to sleep. 


Pinky with Henry "The Fonz" Winkler


My first celeb pic was with Jason Bateman when I was 12 and then Josh Brolin when I was 16
Pinky's first ever celeb pic with
Jason Bateman!
So, yeah, I think I’ve been celeb mad my entire life! When I was 12 I had a picture of Ricky Schroder on my birthday cake and my room was covered with pictures from Tiger Beat and Bop magazine.


Pinky with Ricky Schroder


 I couldn’t get enough! . While I do love celebs in general, I do have my favorites. I love meeting people whose work I’ve enjoyed for years – especially ones that I watched when I was little (you should have seen me freak out when I met “The Fonz!”). I’ve been lucky to meet my “Top Ten” over the years and get pictures with ALL ten of them! My Top Ten is: Ricky Schroder, Nic Cage, Benicio Del Toro, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Luke Wilson, Owen Wilson, Bradley Cooper, Nick Rhodes, and Sam Trammell.


Pinky with Nick Rhodes



 But, of course, my all-time fave celeb is my sexy husband, Keith Coogan. 
Pinky and Keith

You even married a celeb!! Congrats on your marriage and what is it like being married to a celeb?? I might get mad if people tried to encroach on my time with my hubby, do you find much of that?

I did marry a celeb! That was a totally unplanned result of my celeb picture hobby. But when we met at an autograph show last year, it was love at first sight. I don’t think of him as “Keith Coogan, movie star.” I just think of him as my amazing, loving, and supportive husband. But it’s funny to see things from the other side of it. Now we got to events that I’d normally be waiting outside of. We go to autograph shows both when he’s got a booth at the show and when there’s an actor I’d like to meet. I love when his fans come up to him. I think it’s great. As a fangirl myself, I encourage them to get their pictures with him, get his autograph – I’ve even had him record a phone greeting for someone before! I like to think that we’re a good mix – I can relate to the fangirls and he can relate to the other celebs I like to get pictures with. We’re a great team.
Pinky with Johnny Depp


What made you decide to do a celebrity blog / pop style site?

I started my site years ago as a way to be creative and express myself. Sometimes working at office jobs can be, well, less than stimulating on the creative mind, so I wanted a way to share what was going on with me. I never wanted to limit myself as to what I could or couldn’t talk about, so I probably share more than I should sometimes. But, overall, it’s a great way to get the creative juices flowing and to keep my friends and family abreast of our daily lives.

How long have you been blogging?

About five years. I try to post at least five posts a day – some things are standard, others vary. I think it’s fun.

Can a person earn a living out of blogging?
I’ve heard about people who do earn a living that way, but I’m not sure how common that is. I don’t earn anything from mine (although I wish I did!).

Sundance Festival.. you have no idea how I was kicking and screaming inside because I can't be there. Who did you meet up with there this year, what were your best experiences about Sundance this year?


Cutie pie one with Hilary Swank and poochie!


You are so sweet. This was actually my 13th time to the Sundance Film Festival and over the years I’ve had several unique experiences. During my first Festival, I met Matt Damon and Robin Williams, which was awesome. One year Glenn Close actually handed me the keys to her car and I drove her and some guests to a premiere (in her car!). 
Matt Damon with Pinky

Last year Will Forte and I had this great joke which resulted in him yelling down the street, “We’ll never break up!” 

From Sundance over the years I was able to meet some HUGE stars – Sarah Jessica Parker, Meg Ryan, Dennis Quaid, James Franco, Ben Affleck, Bradley Cooper, and Matthew Broderick, just to name a few. My best experience this year (other than having Keith with me for the first time) was finally getting my picture with Ethan Hawke. I’ve been waiting 20 years for that picture!

Pinky and Bradley Cooper

Your blog is fun, quirky and a bit off the beaten track. I think that you give quite a lot of yourself in your blog. I know quite a lot of newbie bloggers, and I think sometimes they get a bit disheartened or uninspired so to speak. What keeps you ticking as a blogger? What sort of thing inspires you for your posts? And what advice do you have for new bloggers?


Colin Firth!


When I started blogging, practically everyone I knew had a blog. I loved getting to read them and see what was going on. Nowadays with the ease of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), I think I’m one of the few remaining bloggers in my core group. Everyone else gave it up! I’m inspired by everyday things – just little innocuous events that wouldn’t really mean anything to most. I take pleasure in the small things and try to find the humor in everything I find. I get excited when I find things that I can share and I love posting my pictures and getting to tell about my celeb experiences in my daily “Pinky’s Fandance” section. 
The gorgeous Halle Berry


My dear friend Scott made a short film about me in like 2005 called “Pinky’s Fandance” (which can be seen on YouTube) and that’s where the post title comes from. If I had to give advice to new bloggers? Just be yourself. Do what you want. It’s your site. It’s your thoughts. If you hate something, you can delete it. You control it – from the background to the content. Post as much or as little as you want. Just be yourself.
Pinky with the legendary Dick van Dyke

I think from reading through your blog you like to make people laugh. I have an interest in the golden thread of humanity which runs through us all, which can make us laugh, or cry. As writers we have the ability to tweak that, and celebs certainly do. Is that one of the reasons you blog?

I think I just like to share things when they make me laugh. I used to be a stand-up comedian for awhile and I think I still have that inherent desire to make people laugh. If I can share something that puts a smile on someone’s face, all the better.


No prizes for guessing who this is!
Who's been the most fun to meet, or the most fun post you've done?

Keith Coogan, of course! How many people can say they went to get an autograph and walked away with a husband?!  As far as a fun post, I love when I have really ridiculous pictures of my dog, Sammy Rhodes, and I make the captions say what I think is going on in his head. Those type of things thrill me to no end





...


2 comments:

  1. both of them are lucky and they are a good team. we all have our fanboy and fangirl moments and most of the time it is welcomed and appriciated. oh and humor is sexy. we all know the saying that laughter is the best medicine. i enjoyed reading this entry. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun interview. Love the gallery, mostly because the actors look like real people and it's not the glossy pics one sees in the magazines. Thanks for sharing with us, Pinky.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment! I really value your interaction. Thank you for stopping by.